Teacher of Physics – September
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a popular and well regarded science department within a high performing school for the next academic year. The school is located in north Worcestershire, it has fantastic transport links by car and benefits from a main train line to Birmingham and Worcester.
The head of department is looking to secure an ambitious Teacher of Physics to join an established team of staff, who collectively secures very good outcomes for their pupils. The successful Teacher will work within a team of eight specialists Science Teachers who predominately deliver their science discipline but work as a full team. In addition, there are two highly dedicated and well qualified technicians. The department has seven specialist labs all with prep rooms and interlinked to create a strong collaborative environment.
Physics is taught to all pupils in Key Stages 3 and 4, with A-Level provision in Physics. It would be desirable that the appointed Teacher can teach across the age and ability range with the expertise to teach A-Level Science. The appointed candidate would be expected to provide a secure specialist knowledge of the Physics curriculum.
The successful Teacher of Physics will:
- Deliver challenging, purposeful, enjoyable, and appropriately differentiated lessons which provide students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- Contribute to the delivery of the teaching and learning in Physics, together with the collective development of resources, schemes of work and lesson plans of the highest standard that ensure real learning takes place and students make progress
- Promote outstanding behaviour amongst students to create a purposeful learning environment in the classroom
- Hold right to work in the UK and hold UK QTS or QTLS status
- Possess an Enhanced DBS certificate that is registered on the Update Service or be willing to apply for a new certificate
If you would like the opportunity to join a friendly and extremely supportive group of colleagues, call 01905 896122 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration for this Teacher of Physics position.
Applications are welcomed from experienced teachers and ECTs.
Like the sound of the school but wrong subject? Right subject but wrong location? Or are you a qualified Physics Teacher who is searching for the FLEXIBILITY of SHORT TERM supply? Would you like to teach in a VARIETY of schools WITHOUT PLANNING/ MARKING RESPONSIBILITIES?
No problem! As WORCESTERSHIRE’S LEADING SUPPLY TEACHING AGENCY, we are confident that we can help you! We EXCLUSIVELY support schools in and around: Kidderminster, Hagley, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Bewdley, Stourport, Droitwich, Worcester, Evesham, Pershore and Malvern with their long and short term recruitment and supply cover needs.
Check out our 5* Google reviews (Academics Worcester) to discover how we always go above and beyond!
Academic Solutions are part of the Academics Ltd family. We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect every candidate to share this commitment. Assignments are subject to safeguarding and child protection screening in line with DfE policies.